Re: smartphone forum for the technically-oriented

On Sat, 2015-10-17 at 16:29 -0500, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
> On Sat, October 17, 2015 3:22 pm, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> > No problem!
> > I have the first generation EeePC, which I would happily give away,
> > but
> > I doubt you plan on visiting Sweden anytime soon? ;)
>
> Your offer is gracious, Sven.
>
> However, I just found an outfit which has a few eeePC in stock, at
> about
> US$225; the product series is EeeBook X205, with 32Gbyte flash
> memory.
> Would one of these be suitable?  I can send you the URL.

Unfortunately the only experience I have with Eee is the very first
generation, 701, those actually shipped with Linux.

Now, it seems the Eee family have expanded, so I have no experience
beyond that.

If that is the same as the X205TA it seems to have issues:
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Asus/X205TA

This is off-topic, but as you work from you car a lot, have you tried
this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Portable-desk-Steering-Wheel-Multi-Tray-Stand-Work-Dining-Table-Fit-SUV-/261449837514?hash=item3cdf9febca:m:mBMDM9Y7atlEfK7HiuoCILQ&vxp=mtr

I have a friend of a friend who does and he swears by them (when he's
parked, not driving obviously!)

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson