Re: smartphone forum for the technically-oriented

On Sat, October 17, 2015 3:22 pm, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> No problem!
> I have the first generation EeePC, which I would happily give away, but
> I doubt you plan on visiting Sweden anytime soon? ;)

Your offer is gracious, Sven.

However, I just found an outfit which has a few eeePC in stock, at about
US$225; the product series is EeeBook X205, with 32Gbyte flash memory.
Would one of these be suitable?  I can send you the URL.

> Have you considered liberating a Chromebook?

The same outfit has in stock a large number of Lenovo Chromebook N21, with
ChomeOS and 16Gbyte solid-state drive, at US$200.  (11.8in x 8.5in versus
11.3in x 7.6in for the eeePC)

I really need a machine on which Debian is known to run.  I have here
somewhere a machine with the new-style BIOS on which I have made several
unsuccessful attempts to get Debian to run.  On the last attempt, the
latest Jessie installer appeared to install properly, but the machine
refuses to boot.

Russ