Re: smartphone forum for the technically-oriented

On 10/17/15 07:49, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
> I would like to find something like a smartphone discussion list for the
> technically-oriented -- not for the "Isn't Siri marvelous?" crowd.  I am
> interested in liabilities regarding security and privacy, rather than in
> features.
>
> I spend much time on the highway, and Internet access (to view a map, to
> search for a telephone number, and even now and then GoogleEarth) would be
> valuable.
>
> So I need to see what is available by way of a smartphone, or perhaps a
> tablet computer.  Is there anything small which can run Debian?
>
> Russ

What kind of smart phone?

If its android there are apps that can run debian in a chroot eg lildebi
and if you want the most from your phone I recommend installing
cyanogenmod - that gives you a lot more control over your phone.

If your talking about apple, your options are very limited...

Dean