Re: smartphone forum for the technically-oriented

On Sat, October 17, 2015 6:23 pm, Renaud  OLGIATI wrote:
> Or get a second-hand one on ebay; I still take along my EeePC 4G when I
> travel, and have recently upgraded its system with MX-14 (non-PAE) which
> suits that aging machine better than Debian.
>
> Completely sufficient to check my email, browse the web, and use
> google-earth when I am away from home.

Thanks, Renaud; that is what I hoped to hear -- that the EeePC actually
can do GoogleEarth -- because I do have occasional need for GE while out
on the road.

In a previous post I mentioned that I found a retailer who still has a few
EeeBook X205 in stock, but nothing else small except a Lenovo N21
ChromeBook which has a 16Gbyte solid-state drive, and 4Gbytes of RAM.

I am not familiar with the various EeePC models which have been produced;
all I know is that the X205 has a 1366x768 display, an Intel Atom
processor, 32Gbytes of flash, and 2Gbytes of RAM.

I know Debian fairly well, but I do not have the time and energy to learn
another operating system such as MX-14.

Russ