Re: smartphone forum for the technically-oriented

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 19:49:10 -0500
rlharris@oplink.net wrote:

> Thanks, Renaud; that is what I hoped to hear -- that the EeePC actually
> can do GoogleEarth -- because I do have occasional need for GE while out
> on the road.

Snap !

> In a previous post I mentioned that I found a retailer who still has a few
> EeeBook X205 in stock, but nothing else small except a Lenovo N21
> ChromeBook which has a 16Gbyte solid-state drive, and 4Gbytes of RAM.

Look up Ebay for "eeepc"; plenty there, from $45 up.

> I am not familiar with the various EeePC models which have been produced;
> all I know is that the X205 has a 1366x768 display, an Intel Atom
> processor, 32Gbytes of flash, and 2Gbytes of RAM.

The one I use is the lowly 4G, 512 kb RAM, which is why I use MX-14; found Debian sluggish on that box.

> I know Debian fairly well, but I do not have the time and energy to learn
> another operating system such as MX-14.

Not difficult, and easy to use as it includes a gaggle of graphical configuration progs; I find it easier than Debian, and would switch my desktop box to it if they had a 64bits version.

Highly recommended for older 32bits hardware.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                            Individualists, unite!