Re: direct ethernet connection between computer and printer

On Thu, October 15, 2015 3:59 pm, David Wright wrote:
> Quoting rlharris@oplink.net (rlharris@oplink.net):
>> And it turns out (according to the ISP out there) that my associate is
>> receiving via a radio link a single address (192.168.100.3) from the
>> DHCP server of the ISP.
> If you really mean this, then what are the devices that "are hidden
> behind desks and boxes ... in the office"?
> If, as seems more likely, there's some sort of router back there

I have no idea what is behind the desks and boxes, except that which I
have been told by the ISP.  According to the ISP, there is one device
connected to an external antenna.  The device is a radio receiver (not
Wi-Fi) which has a single ethernet jack and delivers a single IP address.

Russ