Re: Boxed W8/W10 PC; must anything be done, first, to enable dual-bootable later?

Ron Leach a écrit :
> On 26/09/2015 16:40, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
>> Does "lspci -nnk" show any SATA/IDE/AHCI/RAID controller and associated
>> kernel module ?
>
> I think so.  The machine is not networked, but redirecting the output
> to /home lets me view the file, and I see:
>
> SD host controller Intel .. MIPI-HSI controller [8086:0f50]
> Subsystem HP company device [103c:8023]
> Kernel driver: sdhci-pci

This rather looks like a Secure Digital controller (for SD card reader).

> Encryption controller Intel .. SEC [8086:0f18]
> Subsystem HP company device [103c:8023]
>    no  kernel  driver
> (my entry, there is no line here describing kernel driver)
>
> Last three HW subsystems also do not have a driver:
> ISA bridge Power Control Unit
> SMBus Controller
> Broadcom BCM43142 wifi

AFAICS, nothing to do with a disk controller either. Can you post the
complete output ?

If you boot Windows, open the device manager and select "display by
connection" (or so), can you see the device chain up to the disk ?