Re: [SOLVED] Hibernate option in Gnome menu? (Jessie)

Am 20.04.2015 um 21:59 schrieb deloptes:
> Have you checked what you can do regarding powermanagement - I don't recall
> reading this in your postings
>
> $ qdbus --system org.freedesktop.UPower /org/freedesktop/UPower | grep
> Hibernate
>
> property read bool org.freedesktop.UPower.CanHibernate
> method void org.freedesktop.UPower.Hibernate()
> method bool org.freedesktop.UPower.HibernateAllowed()
>
> this means that your mate could hibernate also as normal user by using the
> Hibernate() method via dbus??

This information is outdated. upower is no longer involved with suspend
and hibernate. That functionality was moved into systemd/logind:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/upower/commit/?id=030e2c9d3633e35e8beeecc1f41f6e0ff77b57dc

universe are pointed away from Earth?