Re: Hibernate option in Gnome menu? (Jessie)

Am 17.04.2015 um 00:40 schrieb W. Martin Borgert:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded my relatives notebook from wheezy to jessie,
> but now her hibernate option is gone from the right side menu.
> There is only shutdown, which changes to suspend with alt.
> Both are not needed by my relative, she always wants hibernate.
> Any idea how to get this back?
> Please without hacking text files nor installing software
> that is not in Debian, which I found searching the net.
> I'm confident that I just need gnome-tweak-tool, but I can't
> find the right toggle.

While you can configure the actions on power button, sleep button and
lid switch events (via dconf-editor or gsettings [1]), ttbomk there is
no config option to adjust gnome-shell and you'll need to resort to a
extension for this.

You can try
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/755/hibernate-status-button/
though. Seems to work fine here on Gnome / Jessie.

Michael

[1] gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power
universe are pointed away from Earth?