Re: Hibernate option in Gnome menu? (Jessie)

On 2015-04-17 02:00, Michael Biebl wrote:
> While you can configure the actions on power button, sleep button and
> lid switch events (via dconf-editor or gsettings [1]), ttbomk there is
> no config option to adjust gnome-shell and you'll need to resort to a
> extension for this.

OK, setting the power button to hibernate via gnome-tweak-tool
works fine, thanks! It looks, however, like a regression to me,
compared to wheezy, that hibernate is not in the menu. IMHO,
hibernate is more important than suspend, which sucks energy.

> You can try
> https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/755/hibernate-status-button/
> though. Seems to work fine here on Gnome / Jessie.

That fails my requirement "must be in Debian".
RFP https://bugs.debian.org/782741 filed :~)