Re: Best replacement for iceape?

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 03:02:07PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 03/13/2015 11:03 AM, Thomas H. George wrote:

> >OK. Seamonkey is Icedove in Jessie, looks familiar. I will save the
> >installation folder .mozilla and replace it with my iceape .mozilla
> >folder and see what happens.
> >
> >Tom

> >>Oh, and, I have been using iceape and Seamonkey, and, the parent
> >>software; the Netscape suite, from back when I think it was about
> >>Netscape 3, I think, following the evolution of the integrated suite.
> >>I do remember using it, when it was Netscape, before the separated
> >>Mozilla suite.
>

> Maybe make a backup of that directory first?? :) Ric

Right. First thing I did.

Sorry about any misunderstanding about names. When I understood earlier
in this conversation that iceape is no longer supported and has security
vulnerabilities the need to move to an alternative was clear. My current
pc is Wheezy and I just installed Jessie on another machine.  I thought
the suggestion was to switch to Seamonkey so I ran apt-cache search
seamonkey on both machines. On Wheezy the search found iceape - The
Iceape Internet Suit and on Jessie it found Icedove. A further search
found Icedove on Wheezy which resolves the issue.

Tom
Jessie it found icedove