Re: Installing Debian on a Mac

On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 9:30:06 PM UTC+5:30, Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 04:24:37PM +0200, Jonathan Copeland wrote:
> > Hi Debian Community
> >
> > I am a student and need to have Debian installed on my Mac for my degree,
> > What is the best and most secure way of doing this?
>
> You have several options.
>
> 1. You can run Debian in a virtual machine.
>
> 2. You can repartition your disk(s) and install Debian in a
> dual-boot.
>
> 3. You can wipe Mac OS and install Debian by itself.
>
> In any of those scenarios, you can encrypt the Debian partitions
> and make them secure enough to hold patient data.
>
> What hardware do you have, and what other requirements do you
> have?

So does something like
http://www.howtogeek.com/187410/how-to-install-and-dual-boot-linux-on-a-mac/
work? And its safe??

I am not the OP but have the same question.
I am running a class -- some students have windows, some have some linux distro.
And very few have macs.

It would help me if there was uniformity with all using linux
Since I have no idea about macs, wondering if this works.