Re: Installing Debian on a Mac

On 1/26/15, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> You have several options.
>
> 1. You can run Debian in a virtual machine.
>
> 2. You can repartition your disk(s) and install Debian in a
> dual-boot.
>
> 3. You can wipe Mac OS and install Debian by itself.
>
> In any of those scenarios, you can encrypt the Debian partitions
> and make them secure enough to hold patient data.

I *LOVE* partitioning.. Heard of it but was actually afraid to take
that step for years, primarily because I didn't understand how it
functioned. Finally taught myself how to do it about a year and a half
ago.

It is *so* nice to have a couple operating system options ready to go
on the same single hard drive AND be able to separate out personal
user shtuff nearby on the same. Total win in my case is it makes
messing up and having to reinstall not so painful.... *each* time it
happens. Personal pics and things remain safe on the one partition,
and there's the secondary, functional operating system right there to
work from on a second partition while rebuilding the damaged system
residing on the third. *grin*

Good luck :)

Cindy :)

--