Re: Replacing systemd in Jessie

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM, Laurent Bigonville <bigon@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Mon, 1 Dec 2014 23:05:09 -0800,
> Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> On Tue, 02 Dec 2014, Scott Ferguson wrote:

>> > [snip]

>> > Very few do not include systemd. I'd welcome a definitive list of
>> > those that don't.
>>
>> As as option at install time or during an upgrade?  Don't know of any.
>>
>> As far as I've read, I believe only Slackware absolutely refuses to
>> use systemd.  I don't even think it's in the repo.  I don't know if
>> systemd will even work with Slackware.
>

> Well according to the following wikipedia page, Patrick Volkerding
> (Slackware founder) has not completely ruled you systemd:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemd#Adoption

Hmm. So I do a web search on "Patrick Volkerding systemd" and find
he's tweeted twice about systemd in the last four tweets. One was a
bit of an enigmatic tweet about crying into his coffee when he read
boycottsystemd.org and realized he wasn't reading the Onion.

https://twitter.com/volkerdi/status/460102616991547393

The other was a re-tweet from Kiki Novak.

https://twitter.com/kikinovak/status/535861951642210304

FWIW

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well.