Re: View on UNIX purism in Linux Community

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:07:35 -0400
Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

> Most of us are no interested in what Stallman or whoever created back
> in 1995. We don't think of Linux as GNU.

Ahhh, so you are the declared and _democratically elected_ spokesman
of, let's say 80% of the Linux community (shit, I should read more
news and articles: nobody told me about that!)

> Linux is much more Unix than
> anything else.

This is an interesting declaration, although it calls for a tiny
bit more than your words for us to agree.

> And it certainly is _not_ what GNU was back then.

Once again, this is your words, please develop that in a way
we, poor dumb asses of users (but ô highly represented ;-p),
can understand.

> I don't like to get involved in this dumb tirade, but the GNU business
> grates on me!

Ohhh, as a spokesman you aren't very friendly to the people
you're representing - so once again, pleeease develop your rant
so we, poor dumb users, can understand why GNU, which has been our
guardian and in a manner our way of life for the last 30 years,
is sooo meeean (Richard, if you read me, it's whenever you want:)

It is quite common that new comers wants to "break the whole dusty
world" because they KNOW (much better than poor dumbs such as Richard
and us) what is better for EVERYBODY.
We already seen that in finance… with the 2008 known "results".

Dogs bark, Stallman moves on…