Re: brasero requires gvfs

Martin Read <zen75502@zen.co.uk> writes:

> On 13/09/14 20:54, lee wrote:
>> Can you have, say, KDE on Gentoo without systemd?  "Without systemd"
>> means *all* of systemd, like systemd-login0 etc..
>
> [...]
>
> The best place to ask would be the user community discussion spaces
> (mailing lists / web forums / IRC channels) for KDE and/or for Gentoo
> Linux.

Hm, I think I'll subscribe to the Gentoo mailing list and ask what their
position about systemd is.  I doubt that by using Gentoo, you could
evade systemd ...

Not that I'm using KDE, but when you now can't have a fully functional
Linux system as you could have with sysvinit without depending on
systemd, then it's really time to look for alternatives to Linux.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.