Re: Was I deleted?

On 31/03/2014 19:22, Hans wrote:

Hmm, I guess, you are right. It has something to do with "bounced", as I
remember to have got an info mail from debian about some bounced mails. This
mail advised me nothing to do, as it appeared the first time. Sorry, I do not
quite remember the complete content any more and meanwhile deleted the mail,
too, but I guess, this might be the reason.

How can I revert this and how can I avoid this in the future?

Hans, here's a recent bounce message I received:

Dear subscriber,

We've encountered some problems while sending listmail to your
emailaddress ronleach@tesco.net.

In the last seven days we've seen bounces for the following list:
* debian-user
	1 bounce out of 45 mails in one day (2%, kick-score is 80%)
	(http://lists.debian.org/bounces/[*** trimmed ***)

(The link above points to a copy of the latest bounce
and will be valid for seven days.)

If the bounce-rate passes the kick-score, our bounce-detection will forcibly
remove your subscription.

Bounces happen from time to time when spam slips through our filters but are
rejected by your mail provider.  If you are your own mail provider and use
'Before-Queue Content filtering', you should whitelist bendel.debian.org from
Content filtering.

However: You can safely ignore this message (and you will not be unsubscribed
:-) ) if your kick-score remains low.

For more information see http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ListMaster/FAQ

You are welcome to contact listmaster@lists.debian.org if you think this
message was sent in error.

        Sincerely,
The Listmaster Team
-- http://lists.debian.org

You can re-subscribe, I think. Also, you could check with o2 whether they can do that whitelist for you.

In the longer term, you could, indeed, run a simple mail server on a free domain and on a dynamic IP for less-important mails such as lists, but for important mails you need a static ip, and postfix or exim, coupled with dovecot, on RAID1, and use rdiff-backup to snapshot the mail store to another machine every 4 hours. Otherwise, important email is best left to the isp, I think.

regards, Ron