Re: Was I deleted?

Am Montag, 31. März 2014, 19:35:05 schrieb Ron Leach:
> On 31/03/2014 19:22, Hans wrote:
> > Hmm, I guess, you are right. It has something to do with "bounced", as I
> > remember to have got an info mail from debian about some bounced mails.
> > This mail advised me nothing to do, as it appeared the first time. Sorry,
> > I do not quite remember the complete content any more and meanwhile
> > deleted the mail, too, but I guess, this might be the reason.
> >
> > How can I revert this and how can I avoid this in the future?
>
> Hans, here's a recent bounce message I received:
> > Dear subscriber,
> >
> > We've encountered some problems while sending listmail to your
> > emailaddress ronleach@tesco.net.
> >
> > In the last seven days we've seen bounces for the following list:
> > * debian-user
> >
> > 	1 bounce out of 45 mails in one day (2%, kick-score is 80%)
> > 	(http://lists.debian.org/bounces/[*** trimmed ***)
> >
> > (The link above points to a copy of the latest bounce
> > and will be valid for seven days.)
> >
> > If the bounce-rate passes the kick-score, our bounce-detection will
> > forcibly remove your subscription.
> >
> > Bounces happen from time to time when spam slips through our filters but
> > are rejected by your mail provider.  If you are your own mail provider
> > and use 'Before-Queue Content filtering', you should whitelist
> > bendel.debian.org from Content filtering.
> >
> > However: You can safely ignore this message (and you will not be
> > unsubscribed>
> > :-) ) if your kick-score remains low.
> >
> > For more information see http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ListMaster/FAQ
> >
> > You are welcome to contact listmaster@lists.debian.org if you think this
> > message was sent in error.
> >
> >         Sincerely,
> >
> > The Listmaster Team
> > -- http://lists.debian.org
>
> You can re-subscribe, I think.  Also, you could check with o2 whether
> they can do that whitelist for you.
>
> In the longer term, you could, indeed, run a simple mail server on a
> free domain and on a dynamic IP for less-important mails such as
> lists, but for important mails you need a static ip, and postfix or
> exim, coupled with dovecot, on RAID1, and use rdiff-backup to snapshot
> the mail store to another machine every 4 hours.  Otherwise, important
> email is best left to the isp, I think.
>
> regards, Ron
Hi Ron.

Yes, that is the mail I received. However, as it told me , I will not be
unsubscribed, I did nothing.

Now I subscribed to the list again, hope this will fix things. If it doesn't, I
will have to talk to my isp.

For the own mail server: In earlier times I was a postmaster for myself. Ran
postfix on the servers, so configuration will not be the problem. The greater
problem is the fixed IP I need. Of course I could register a domain from
dyndns.org, but then I am again hanging at another provider. Rootservers is
another solution, but not cheap.

Lowest price will be a little talk with my provider, I guess. :) I will be
smart, they will be smart.

And we will see, if my resubsription works.

Thanks for the help!

Best

Hans