Re: Great Debian experience

On 21/03/14 16:28, Ken Heard wrote:
> On 2014-03-21 04:30, Steve Litt of Troubleshooters.Com wrote:
>> On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:33:17 +0700 Ken Heard
>> <kenslists@teksavvy.com> wrote:

>>> Did not, but ending up installing the ones I needed anyway.

<snipped>

>> just for fun tell it to install nonfree at installation time.
>
> I am not sure how to do this.  Is there an option to add to the
> install command line?

I don't believe so, (but I've never tested), preferring to add that
option to preseed.cfg instead. The line in preseed.cfg is:-
apt-mirror-setup apt-setup/non-free boolean true

> If there is such an option would it add non-free to
> /etc/apt/sources.list?

Yes. (append to the main debian repostitory line).

NOTE: you will also need to enable the contrib section of the
repostitory. (packages needed by non-free).

<snipped>

Kind regards