Great Debian experience

Hi all,

Here's why I like Debian Stable...

My daughter's computer broke, so last night I took a three year, 3GB
RAM, old wreck of a laptop and, using the Debian 7.4 network installer,
installed Wheezy. I chose expert install, told it to install the nonfree
repositories and auto-partition to a single partition plus swap. I also
unchecked the Debian Desktop selection. Installation took about 20
minutes.

Then I did the following:

apt-get install xfce4 xfce4-goodies
apt-get install synaptic
apt-get install iceweasel

I typed startx, had a perfectly functional desktop, and when I ran
Iceweasel, ***YOUTUBE VIDEOS PLAYED PERFECTLY***

It took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to get network-manager
working with my wifi (I had to reboot). Then I looked up instructions
on how to install Skype, and after a little experimentation because the
instructions weren't perfect, Skype was installed.

I've been a happy Ubuntu/Xubuntu user for six years now, but I've gotta
tell you, if I'd installed a Ubuntu variant, *something* wouldn't have
worked. If I'd installed Arch or Gentoo, I'd probably still be
installing.

Armed with a glitchless version of Xfce, a rock solid version of
Iceweasel, and works-every-time Wheezy, this is the perfect laptop.

Thanks,

SteveT