Re: Backup's to DVD

On 18/03/14 06:41, PAPYRUS TECHNOLOGIES wrote:
> On Mon 17 Mar 2014 at 17:51:15 +0200, Lars Noodén wrote:
>
>> The longevity of flash is still a big unknown.
>
> Well observered, Sir. The same might be said for CDs and DVDs. Why
> anyone should entrust their data to such volatile media is beyond our
> comprehension.
>
> We are an very old, established company who operate in the Dead Sea area
> of the Middle East.
>
> Our product has a proven record and is used by many discerning clients
> who require the data they have entrusted to us to be accessible at any
> time. We offer a 3000 year guarantee that the material we use is
> suitable for long term storagei.
>
> We have scribes who rarely mistake 1s for 0s or vice versa. Employees
> who do are weeded out by our Quality Control Section and transferred to
> our sister company, Pyramid Enterprises PLC.
>
> Security of your data is of paramount importance to us; there is no
> compromise in this area of our operations. Even shepherd boys and goats
> are actively dissuaded from entering within a 10 km radius of our
> operations.
>
> Our distinguised clients Nefertiti, Isaiah and Tutankhamun have many,
> many good things to say about our services. Unfortunately, they are
> offline at present so are unable to answer your queries.
>
> Forget the Cloud - choose the Cave. You know it makes sense.

Yet another desperate attempt by a failing company to capitalize on this
list's readership by pushing unproven technology.
A passing fad - what next? Asterix trying to sell bolders as portable?

Get with it - tablets are the only way to go.
Always have been been, always will be.

Yours without wax, Proto Cuneiform

--
Clay - it's here to stay and it's goat-proof!