Re: Test

On Sun 02 Mar 2014 at 15:12:01 +0000, Tom Furie wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 12:24:26PM +0000, Brian wrote:
>
> > The interesting questions involve what is happening on bendel after a
> > mail is accepted.
> >
> > 1. Why is any mail delayed for 15 minutes before onward transmission?
>
> Could be any of many reasons. System load, SMTP transmission failure,
> routing problems... the list goes on.

May we adjust this list of generalities by making an observation, one
which is testable:

There is a thread at present on -user:

Its Subject: is "Read-only rootfs on systemd"

It is a normal request for help and its contents are the antithesis of
suspicious. The initial mail and and 8 responses (at present) were all
delayed by about 16 minutes in going through the Debian email system.

systemd may be very good at booting a system much quicker than before
but associating with it severely impacts on the time for mail delivery
to take place. :)