Re: Test

On Sun 02 Mar 2014 at 15:12:01 +0000, Tom Furie wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 12:24:26PM +0000, Brian wrote:
>
> > The interesting questions involve what is happening on bendel after a
> > mail is accepted.
> >
> > 1. Why is any mail delayed for 15 minutes before onward transmission?
>
> Could be any of many reasons. System load, SMTP transmission failure,
> routing problems... the list goes on.

The mentioned delay interval has been in place for at least two years so
the second two reasons appear very unlikely as a cause. Load balancing
is possibilty.

> > 2. Why do some users and not others experience this 15 minute delay?
>
> I haven't done any analysis, but I'd expect most if not all of us
> experience delays from time to time. For the case in question, it's not

These type of delays tend to be random and variable in time.

> all of Ralf's messages that are being delayed, only those in the systemd
> thread. In fact, it looks as if *all* messages in that thread were
> delayed by roughly the same amount of time. My guess is extra processing
> for particularly suspicious looking messages.

It is all messages. I have no guesses why; none of the messages look
particularly suspicious to me but the software knows best. :)