Re: Test

On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 12:24:26PM +0000, Brian wrote:

> The interesting questions involve what is happening on bendel after a
> mail is accepted.
>
> 1. Why is any mail delayed for 15 minutes before onward transmission?

Could be any of many reasons. System load, SMTP transmission failure,
routing problems... the list goes on.

> 2. Why do some users and not others experience this 15 minute delay?

I haven't done any analysis, but I'd expect most if not all of us
experience delays from time to time. For the case in question, it's not
all of Ralf's messages that are being delayed, only those in the systemd
thread. In fact, it looks as if *all* messages in that thread were
delayed by roughly the same amount of time. My guess is extra processing
for particularly suspicious looking messages.

Or for the conspiracists out there, perhaps they were intercepted en
route... ;)

Cheers,
Tom

--
BOFH excuse #306:

CPU-angle has to be adjusted because of vibrations coming from the nearby road