Black screen with nvidia driver

Hi! everybody - hoping to get some help troubleshooting. Running unstable with nvidia driver on a MacBook Pro 10,1 with no problems until I performed an upgrade, kernel compile,  and “m-a a-i nvidia" a couple of days ago …

Now, the console screen clears, the cursor is visible for a second in the upper left, and I’m left with a blank black screen. I notice the backlight stays on, whereas before ( iirc ) the screen would go completely dark during the “mode switch” -> nvidia logo -> desktop.

I’ve included Xorg.log and syslog below. To me nothing seems obviously wrong. Not sure what to try next. The driver seems to load successfully. Also, the nouveau driver works.

Mike

Mike Strean