Re: Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:20:05 AM UTC+5:30, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 22 oct 14, 23:26:15, Christian Seiler wrote:
>
> [snip excelent explanations]
>
> As penitence for being mean to Steve I've just written
> https://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser#systemd

Thanks Andrei for that.
Some suggestions hopefully not too contentious :-)

1. "Some packages may depend on systemd" should probably be linked to
   some mention of gnome. [My hunch is that gnome is a bigger problem than
   is realised and so systemd is getting more flak than is fair

2. Remove systemd should probably be in 3 (more??) points
   Remove systemd from system is vague and means different things to
   different people
   a. For a single run one can try out any init system with a grub line
      ... init=/lib/sysvinit/init|/lib/systemd/systemd
   b. For permanently choosing ... you have given the command
      # apt-get install sysvinit-core systemd-shim systemd-sysv-

      Maybe also give the 'reversal' command: how to get replace sysvinit-ed
      system with a systemd-ed system??

   c. Remove libsystemd0: Hard and beyond the scope of this FAQ.

3. Dbus: I am out of depth! [And should go and read Christian's careful
   explanations with corresponding care!]