Re: Error code 1...........

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:30:02 +0200
Charlie <ariestao@ipstarmail.com.au> wrote:

> > > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
> >
> > When I encountered this error (which was mentioned on this list a few
> > days ago) I purged the linjpeg-turbo-progs package (on which
> > apparently nothing depended because it went without complaint) and
> > then resumed my upgrade; the error went away. But maybe that's not the
> > "right" way to do it.

I get a code (1) on every dist-upgrade for some time now..maybe two weeks, can't
remember but if I run:

apt-get -f install

apt-get goes on to setup the packages it downloaded.

If the dist-upgrade message says it it going to remove a lot of packages I run
instead:

apt-get -u upgrade

I continue this command until a dist-upgrade returns to sanity.

--
CK