Re: download files from iceweasel using kdialog

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:

You don't say what DE libraries you use. If you have KDE you might be
able to find an alternative way (x/y again) of achieving the same
outcome (I have little knowledge of GNOME).
Is there a logic to the choice of directories you wish to download to?
e.g. Could an "auto-filter" be employed to save files to particular
locations based on file type?

I am using KDE as my desktop environment. Not sure what you mean by DE libraries.

There is logic to the choice of directories. But some of the websites require logging in via web browser and then downloading a link that is generated on the fly. So I don't know how to automate the process.

Anyway, for now, I will just use chromium for downloading purposes. Thanks for all the help.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/