Re: Good news on claws-mail

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:58:27 +0200
lee <lee@yagibdah.de> wrote:

> berenger.morel@neutralite.org writes:
>
> > But my opinion is that, it's the accumulation of tools using
> > different slow languages, which will kill the computer's resources
> > (shell, python2, python3, php, perl, basic, whatever).
>
> Perl isn't exactly slow, considering what it does.
>
> In any case, pick the right tool for the job --- and I'm finding perl
> really amazing in some regards.

For an interpreter (you know what I mean), when I used Perl it was fast
as hell. You'd need to go to Lua or Luajit to get a faster
"interpreter".

One of the first things I do when writing software is figure what the
bottleneck is. If the bottleneck is the user's molassas slow 140 word
per minute typing, I'll use an interpreter every time so I'm not the
guy doing allocation and garbage collection and bounds checking.

SteveT