Re: Good news on claws-mail

On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:20:25 +0200
lee <lee@yagibdah.de> wrote:

> Since you're re-inventing the wheel:
>
> // sxnotify.c
> //
> // This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or
> // modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
> // published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the
> // License, or (at your option) any later version.
> //
> // This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
> // WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> // MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
> // General Public License for more details.
> //
> // You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
> // along with this program.  If not, see
> // <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
> //
> // Author: lee@yun.yagibdah.de, 2013-07-21
> //
> // compile with something like:
> // gcc -lsx -lXpm -lXaw -lXt -lX11 -march=native -O2 -Wall
> -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions sxnotify.c -o sxnotify //
>

> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
>
> #include <libsx.h>
>

> void xx(void *data)
> {
> 	exit(0);
> }
>

> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
>
> 	if(!OpenDisplay(argc, argv)) {
> 		puts("cannot open display");
> 		exit(1);
> 	}
>
> 	if(argc != 2) {
> 		puts("usage: sxnotify message");
> 		exit(1);
> 	}
>
> 	MakeLabel(argv[1]);
> 	ShowDisplay();
> 	int foo;
> 	AddTimeOut(5000, xx, (void *)(&foo));
> 	MainLoop();
> 	exit(0);
> }
>

> # aptitude install libsx-dev

Very, very nice!

Not an entanglement in sight.

This is the first I've heard about libsx, but I'll be learning a lot
more about it. So far I've found:

*
  http://www.ee.usyd.edu.au/tutorials/ee_database/programming/libsx/libsx.html

* http://www.nada.kth.se/~sungam/libsx/general.libsx.html
* /usr/share/doc/libsx-dev/examples

Unfortunately, a 5 minute Google search found no Python implementation
of libsx. I don't need C for forms: The speed bottleneck is the typist
anyway.

But then again, I could have somebody define a form in some sort of
data file, parse that and convert to a simple C program, call gcc to
make it into an executable. Rapid Application Development, Army Surplus
style, which of course makes me a pariah in the eyes of "real"
programmers. Life's tough.

Thanks so much for cluing me into this!

SteveT