Re: Good news on claws-mail

On 20/10/14 13:53, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Du, 19 oct 14, 15:35:47, Peter Nieman wrote:
Anyway, evince *recommends* dbus-X11, but after removing dbus it no
longer worked.

Could you please elaborate on "it no longer worked"? Do you get any
errors if you start it from a terminal?

Yes, I got an error line, but I don't remember exactly what it was, only that it was something about dbus (if my memory isn't failing me completely).

What I had done is this (according to the aptitude log):

I removed liferea, that removed gconf-service, gconf2, gconf2-common, libgconf-2-4, libjson-glib-1.0-0, libunique-1.0-0, and liferea-data for no longer being used.

Then I removed dbus-x11 and dbus, which - thankfully - also removed libsystemd-login0.

After that, evince was no longer able to open any pdf files.

But it doesn't matter to me any longer, as I'm no longer interested in evince. qpdfview is much better anyway.

Kind regards,
p.