Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 19:27:20 +0100
Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:42:58PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > > They were using ConsoleKit, which was orphaned upstream some time
> > > after systemd-logind came along.
> >
> > I rest my case.
>
> There's nothing at all (not even Red Hat) preventing anyone (even
> you!) from stepping up and taking over development of ConsoleKit.
> It's a considerably smaller proposition than taking over GNOME 2, a
> vastly more complex suite of software and libraries, and that
> actually did happen (<http://mate-desktop.org>).

OK, I'll be the first to admit that after Red Hat caused the demise of
ConsoleKit (and probably lots more important software), I am free to
take significant time out of my day job (that feeds my family) and
rescue all sorts of software that Red Hat deliberately scuttled. Even
though, apparently unlike 80% of today's kernel developers, nobody pays
me to do it.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/software/whos-writing-linux

But that has nothing to do with my "I rest my case" statement.

SteveT