Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 03:16:38PM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> In theory.  But in practice, folks make practical decisions as to
> expenditure of time and resources.  For example, once Debian
> committed to systemd, Ubuntu followed suit - I expect that upstart
> will promptly whither and die.

You're right (and I agree re upstart. Having said that I really
resent having to fix upstart bugs at work, now, and it will live
on a while in LTS Ubuntu releases. I'm starting to think that
reported bugs will get less attention nowtoo). But the consolekit
deprecation happened a long time before the tech-ctte decision
about systemd. Some one/people could have picked it up long ago.
If they had, the context in which the tech-ctte decision was made
could have been very different.