Re: preseeding question (yes, re. systemd / sysvinit-core)

Thanks Brian.

See follow-up question embedded below.

Brian wrote:
On Wed 15 Oct 2014 at 12:29:23 -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:

any thoughts re. conflicts between what's in, say

tasksel tasksel/first standard, web-server
and
d-i pkgsel/include string sysvinit-core systemd-shim
I don't believe there are any. I think what happens is that standard
and web-server get installed first (after any updates are done). The
second command is then carried out.

If I understand the installer, tasksel, the definition of the
"standard" task description
------
Task: standard
Section: user
  This task sets up a basic user environment, providing a reasonably
  small selection of services and tools usable on the command line.
Packages: standard
Test-new-install: mark skip
-------
properly, then the line "tasksel tasksel/first standard, web-server"
is going to install all packages with priority "standard."
Ok.

Which leads to a couple of questions:

1. Since the priorities for sysvinit and sysvinit-core are
sysvinit:admin/optional
sysvinit-core:admin/extra

and I assume that the priority for systemd is set to standard, does the installer do:
The priority of systemd is 'important'.

a. install systemd as part of the tasksel phase, the uninstall systemd
and install sysvinit when it hits the pkgsel step, or,
systemd-sysv is installed as part of installing the base system. systemd
is there when tasksel is called.

So where in base system is systemd installed?

This is the list of packages in base (from the source for the jessie version of debian-installer/build/pkg-lists/base as of yesterday):
busybox-udeb
anna
archdetect
cdebconf-udeb
cdebconf-priority
di-utils
di-utils-reboot
di-utils-shell
libdebconfclient0-udeb
libdebian-installer4-udeb
libnss-dns-udeb
lowmemcheck
main-menu
rootskel
udpkg
rescue-check
env-preseed
pciutils-udeb

#include "udev"

libkmod2-udeb [linux]
kldutils-udeb [kfreebsd]

Any idea which of those installs systemd, and if that can be modified through a preseed command?

The only entry in there that looks like it might include systemd would be a dependency of the #include udev line, but udev just loads udev-udeb, and systemd isn't in any of its dependencies.

Thoughts?

b. configure the list of packages for both the tasksel step and the
pkgsel step before actually doing any installs?
This.

Thanks,

Miles