Re: Moderated posts?

On Mon 13 Oct 2014 at 05:02:15 +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> > You seem to be ignoring some facts:
>
> Believe me, I tried to ignore all the noise of the systemd threads, then
> I decided to look a bit further -- perhaps you should too.
>
> > - you don't speak for the users, at least not for me, but certainly at
> >   least a few other subscribers (though I guess a lot of them actually)
>
> Sure, I don't speak for you, but I am definitely seeing lots of people
> with very genuine problems and those people are being ignored.  I

Not a single one of these people have a *genuine* problem with systemd
on Debian.  The first port of call for genuine problems with systemd is
the mailing list at pkg-systemd-maintainers.lists.alioth.debian.org.

They do not post there.

> initially thought, what the heck, why should I worry about this at all
> - -- I just though, well systemd is a forgone conclusion, why all the
> whingers?  But as I said, I read more closely and widely and realized
> that the whingers were doing Debian a real service and not the other way
> around.

Your initial gut feeling was correct; they are whingers.

I've snipped the rest because it appears to be a rehash of part of the
Rebellion manifesto.