Re: Moderated posts?

On Lu, 13 oct 14, 02:50:18, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> I've also put it to that person (assuming the one
> whom email me is the list-master), that we need a list where we can talk
> more freely about our concerns -- this list seems to have been over
> reaching on it's goals since ... forever, now the powers that be have
> decided to clamp down hard, hence the filtered/moderated posts that we
> all know about and which cannot be denied as it has been fully proven.

There is an -offtopic list, but everybody seems to ignore it, including
those demanding for another list.

> There is an amazing level of resistance to care what us users and
> sysadmins think of the changes dictated by the vote of the Tech CTTE and
> such consequences.  One can only hope the message is finally getting
> through to at least enough DDs to result in an appropriate GR that leads
> to a genuine and fair vote to put this matter to bed.  At least then,
> we'll know if we need to jump ship to perhaps kFreeBSD, FreeBSD or some
> other Linux that refuses to be roped in to the systemd nightmare that we
> are seeing strong evidence of here.  Myself, I would be looking at
> kFreeBSD as the next best alternative and if that suffers over this,
> then a full migration away from Debian to a direct use of FreeBSD.

You seem to be ignoring some facts:

- you don't speak for the users, at least not for me, but certainly at
  least a few other subscribers (though I guess a lot of them actually)

- you seem to forget that DDs are users too, yet the proposed GR didn't
  even get the minimum required number of sponsors (5).

Does the term "vocal minority" mean anything to you?

Kind regards,
Andrei