Re: question about systemd

Ahoj,

Dňa Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:22:06 -0400 James Ensor
<belgianpainter@gmail.com> napísal:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> wrote:
> > Ahoj,
> >
> > Dňa Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:16:23 -0400 James Ensor
> > <belgianpainter@gmail.com> napísal:
> >
> >> I made no assumptions, as I had absolutely nothing to do with the
> >> decision of making systemd the default init system.  I merely point
> >> out that it is possible (and quite easy) for a debian-user to
> >> remove systemd.
> >
> > Please, don't hesitate and share how do it.
> >
> > regards
> >

> I can see how this would have been overlooked given the off-topic
> earlier:

It seems to be simple, but have you tried it?

> aptitude install sysv-rc sysvinit sysvinit-core sysvinit-utils

LANG=C dpkg -l sysv-rc sysvinit sysvinit-core sysvinit-utils
||/ Name                              Version               Architecture          Description
+++-=================================-=====================-=====================-=======================================================================
ii  sysv-rc                           2.88dsf-53.4          all                   System-V-like runlevel change mechanism
ii  sysvinit                          2.88dsf-53.4          amd64                 System-V-like init utilities - transitional package
ii  sysvinit-core                     2.88dsf-53.4          amd64                 System-V-like init utilities
ii  sysvinit-utils                    2.88dsf-53.4          amd64                 System-V-like utilities

> aptitude purge systemd

(aptpu is my alias for aptitude purge)

LANG=C aptpu systemd
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  systemd{p}
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 49 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 5166 kB will be freed.
 libpam-systemd : Depends: systemd (= 204-14) but it is not going to be installed.

     Keep the following packages at their current version:
1)     systemd [204-14 (now)]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

*** No more solutions available ***

LANG=C aptpu systemd libpam-systemd
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libpam-systemd{p} systemd{p}
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 48 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 5289 kB will be freed.
 udisks2 : Depends: libpam-systemd but it is not going to be installed.
 policykit-1 : Depends: libpam-systemd but it is not going to be installed.

     Keep the following packages at their current version:
1)     libpam-systemd [204-14 (now)]
2)     systemd [204-14 (now)]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

*** No more solutions available ***

LANG=C aptpu systemd libpam-systemd policykit-1 udisks2
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libpam-systemd{p} policykit-1{p} systemd{p} udisks2{p}
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove and 46 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 7151 kB will be freed.
 gvfs-daemons : Depends: udisks2 but it is not going to be installed.
 policykit-1-gnome : Depends: policykit-1 but it is not going to be installed.

     Remove the following packages:
1)     policykit-1-gnome

     Keep the following packages at their current version:
2)     libpam-systemd [204-14 (now)]
3)     systemd [204-14 (now)]
4)     udisks2 [2.1.3-3 (now)]

     Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
5)     udisks recommends policykit-1
6)     upower recommends policykit-1
7)     arduino recommends policykit-1
8)     udisks2 recommends policykit-1
9)     gvfs-daemons recommends policykit-1-gnome

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q

i didn't investigate another solutions, arduino and gvfs-daemons i need

> aptitude purge libsystemd-login0 libsystemd-daemon0

LANG=C aptpu libsystemd-login0 libsystemd-daemon0
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libsystemd-daemon0{p} libsystemd-login0{p}
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 48 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 181 kB will be freed.
 php5-fpm : Depends: libsystemd-daemon0 (>= 31) but it is not going to be installed.
 udisks2 : Depends: libsystemd-daemon0 (>= 31) but it is not going to be installed.
           Depends: libsystemd-login0 (>= 31) but it is not going to be installed.
 cups-daemon : Depends: libsystemd-daemon0 (>= 31) but it is not going to be installed.
 erlang-base : Depends: libsystemd-daemon0 (>= 31) but it is not going to be installed.
 gvfs-daemons : Depends: libsystemd-login0 (>= 31) but it is not going to be installed.
 libpolkit-backend-1-0 : Depends: libsystemd-login0 (>= 31) but it is not going to be installed.
 systemd : Depends: libsystemd-daemon0 (= 204-14) but it is not going to be installed.
           Depends: libsystemd-login0 (= 204-14) but it is not going to be installed.
 libpolkit-gobject-1-0 : Depends: libsystemd-login0 (>= 31) but it is not going to be installed.
 fcgiwrap : Depends: libsystemd-daemon0 (>= 31) but it is not going to be installed.

     Keep the following packages at their current version:
1)     libsystemd-daemon0 [204-14 (now)]
2)     libsystemd-login0 [204-14 (now)]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

*** No more solutions available ***

Hmm, great. I have some PHP5 & CGI scripts with the nginx, the will go
away. And CUPS go away too. With the erlang will go away the wings3d
too. Etc, etc, etc...

BTW:

libsystemd-login0: systemd login utility library (deprecated)
libsystemd-daemon0: systemd utility library (deprecated)

AFAIK, both are (will be) replaced by the libsystemd0 without which you
cannot have the dbus and libpulse0 and without these most of my XFCE
and other X apps:

LANG=C aptpu dbus libpulse0
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  dbus{p} libpulse0{p}
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 48 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 1780 kB will be freed.
 libfluidsynth1 : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 libunique-1.0-0 : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 kde-runtime : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 upower : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 libphonon4 : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 slim : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 libpulse-mainloop-glib0 : Depends: libpulse0 (= 5.0-6) but it is not going to be installed.
 kupfer : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 consolekit : Depends: dbus (>= 1.1.2) but it is not going to be installed.
 udisks2 : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 python-secretstorage : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 policykit-1 : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 qemu-system-ppc : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 qemu-system-arm : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 libsdl1.2debian : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 bluez : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 openjdk-7-jre : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 2.0) but it is not going to be installed.
 udisks : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 vlc : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.4) but it is not going to be installed.
 qemu-system-x86 : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 dbus-x11 : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 libavdevice55 : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 mplayer2 : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 libespeak1 : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 qemu-system-sparc : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 qemu-system-mips : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 libmikmod3 : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 qemu-system-misc : Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed.

     Install the following packages:
1)     dbus:i386 [1.8.8-1+b1 (testing)]
2)     libcap-ng0:i386 [0.7.4-2 (testing)]
3)     libsystemd0:i386 [215-5+b1 (testing)]

     Keep the following packages at their current version:
4)     libpulse0 [5.0-6 (now)]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q

Then yes, you can have system without systemd of course, but it will be
only terrible to use for daily work! Please, don't suggest what you
mind, but what you know only and don't consider solution which works
for you, that it will works for all.

BTW, for full graphs of dependency find my early post (some days ago)
here, where are included links to graphviz generated images of the
dependency tries for base systemd packages on my system.

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk