Re: systemd-shim to be removed?

On Jo, 02 oct 14, 11:15:58, The Wanderer wrote:

> If I'm understanding matters correctly, the problem that caused the
> current bad situation isn't something that would be addressed by
> coordinating releases. It would have to require coordinating migration
> from unstable to testing, which AFAIK the maintainers have no control
> over; I believe that's controlled entirely by the FTP masters.

Actually that's controlled by Britney, which receives "hints" from the
Release Team.

> If there's any decent way to express a requirement that one migration
> depend on another, aside from package dependencies of a sort which are
> ruled out in this case by the need to allow other things, I'm not aware
> of it offhand. I'm fairly sure someone will point out something that
> will seem obvious in hindsight...

I guess in theory the Release Team could provide the relevant hints to
Britney to migrate some "unrelated"[1] packages together, but I'm sure
they have enough on their hands with large groups of packages that do
depend on each other (usually library transitions).

[1] in this particular case not depending on each other, even though
there is a relation

We are only about a month away from freeze (5th of November), but then
people will start complaining that no new package versions are coming
in... oh well.

Kind regards,
Andrei