Re: systemd-shim to be removed?

On Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:40:02 AM UTC+5:30, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 01 oct 14, 19:44:06, Slavko wrote:
> > And all these things are named as "systemd alternative" in Debian now
> > and as argument that the systemd is not only one possible PID 1.

> Your comments from this and other posts seem to suggest there is a big
> conspiracy in Debian trying to make everybody believe there is choice of
> init systems while there is not. Assuming you are not simply trolling
> I'd like to point out:

As the OP, I'd like to point out a less conspiratorial possibility:
the quality of documentation.

On trying to upgrade I see a problem with systemd-shim.¹

Looking up the documentation of the package, I see:

-------------
 This package emulates the systemd function that are required to run the systemd
 helpers without using the init service
--------------

To me, a non-expert user, what sense does this make?

Is 2 lines normal documentation for an apt package?

¹ Also with some povray stuff, but by now I know just enough to know
that if povray breaks, povray breaks, if systemd breaks, I'll
probably have an unbootable system:
Well thats the hearsay, Ive not seen directly an unbootable system
Ive seen so far
- networking getting knocked off
- gdm getting knocked off
- other random glitches like erratic shutdowns