Re: Let's have a vote!

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@gmail.com> wrote:
lee <lee@yagibdah.de> writes:

> "Karl E. Jorgensen" <karl@jorgensen.org.uk> writes:
>
>> * not doing "crazy things", like running backports or
>>   testing/unstable [2], and no grabbing *.debs from weird places.
>
> Debian isn't as stable as you like to think.  I am required to run the
> latest kernel from backports for otherwise my server will crash due to
> NFS bugs, and for xen anyway.
>
> When I was still using Debian, I was forced to run testing for otherwise
> some relevant software would be too ancient.
>
> Now look at Fedora: They manage to make a distribution with non-ancient
> software, and it's running more stable than Debian stable.  I wonder why
> Debian can't do this.

Then why don't you go use Fedora if you're so unhappy with Debian? That
would save us all a lot of pissing and moaning on this mailing list, and
you a lot of grief.

​Would not save that much, actually, since almost everyone here uses Debian and are Debian users, and furthermore, hopefully, users who use Debian and Debian only. But again, that is not necessary for you to be Debian user to use Debian singularly. Just stick to the Debian Policy, and that is it.​

Mart
    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.