Re: Let's have a vote!

"Karl E. Jorgensen" <karl@jorgensen.org.uk> writes:

> * not doing "crazy things", like running backports or
>   testing/unstable [2], and no grabbing *.debs from weird places.

Debian isn't as stable as you like to think.  I am required to run the
latest kernel from backports for otherwise my server will crash due to
NFS bugs, and for xen anyway.

When I was still using Debian, I was forced to run testing for otherwise
some relevant software would be too ancient.

Now look at Fedora: They manage to make a distribution with non-ancient
software, and it's running more stable than Debian stable.  I wonder why
Debian can't do this.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.