Re: Let's have a vote!

Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> writes:

> On 09/27/2014 02:49 PM, lee wrote:
>
>> Just ask yourself: Why would someone choose to download an ISO for
>> Debian?
>
> For me, it's the safest way to install/upgrade. I have had too many
> problems with interrupted live major migration to the next release
> level via an upgrade, or a live network total install. Owell, I'm not
> huge fan of cloud based services either. :) Ric

And why would you download an ISO for Debian?  You could download an ISO
for arch, Fedora, Gentoo, Ubuntu, *BSD or whatever instead.

Besides, it's funny that having to download a Debian ISO because the
proposed upgrade process doesn't work should be taken as a vote for
Debian.  I'd say it should rather be taken as a vote /against/ Debian.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.