Re: brasero requires gvfs

Martin Read <zen75502@zen.co.uk> writes:

> On 08/09/14 22:46, lee wrote:
> [proposed social-contract bug against general]
>> That's the bug report we need to file, accompanied by a detailed list of
>> the reasons.  The most likely outcome would be that we are being banned.
>
> There is at least one member of the technical committee, and several
> prominent Debian Developers, who I believe would *strongly* object to
> such a bug report being dismissed out of hand. I therefore think that
> filing such a bug report is a good idea, even though I am not remotely
> hostile to systemd being the default Linux init system in Debian
> jessie.

We really should file a bug like this, with a good explanation/good
reasoning, and see what happens.  I might be able to come up with
something towards that on Thursday when I, hopefully, have more time.

One doesn't need to be hostile against systemd to see that it brings
about severe disadvantages in an unprecedented way, and I doubt that the
matter has been considered in sufficient detail when the decision was
made to make it the master control program.  That decision has been made
by, IIRC, three people, and nobody has asked the users.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.