Re: embrace, extend, extinguish

On 09/03/2014 01:19 AM, Doug wrote:

On 09/03/2014 12:50 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
On 9/3/14, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday 02 September 2014 17:06:58 Steve Litt wrote:
So, Lisi, is it your contention that the developers don't look at this
list, and don't care what's written on it?
By and large, yes.  If you want to communicate with developers,
communicate

with developers.  Some of them hang around here.  But it is not the
way to
communicate with them.  Don't deafen poor defenseless users. This
list is
for
support of users, not the lobbying of developers.  There are other
lists.

OK, guys. What is the best way to communicate with developers, not just
in the Debian crew, but devs from other popular systems, like Ubuntu,
PCLOS, Centos, etc.

Ah! As Zenaan will attest, back in the day pizza, beer and someone geek enough to relate to would suffice. Then, along came the IPO's in the latter 90's, like during the ground floor days at RedHat. I've got toilet paper worth more than my former options. After the various IPO busts, just having a paying job offer was sufficient to get their attention.

Now? Especially within Debian, the devs aren't paid, most don't seek glory, power and acclaim. So, I hazard a guess that we're back to pizza and beer with someone to relate to. It's the rest I don't trust. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256