Re: embrace, extend, extinguish

On 9/3/14, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 September 2014 17:06:58 Steve Litt wrote:
>> So, Lisi, is it your contention that the developers don't look at this
>> list, and don't care what's written on it?
>
> By and large, yes.  If you want to communicate with developers, communicate
>
> with developers.  Some of them hang around here.  But it is not the way to
> communicate with them.  Don't deafen poor defenseless users. This list is
> for
> support of users, not the lobbying of developers.  There are other lists.

The problem is, if all the lobbying is left to just
one or two debian users, the work load is simply
too high. So Steve has a point. He needs to garner
developer-lobbying support by keeping the
conversation alive.

If he allows the conversation to die, then the lobbying
for a GR to remove systemd from Debian will not have
the lobby-force of numbers to achieve the essential
outcome!

> For now, the decision has been taken.  You may be right, it may be a bad
> decision.  But those in favour may be right, and it may turn out to be a
> good
> one.  Anyhow, it is now fait accompli.

Every decision can be undone.

Steve is entirely within his rights to lobby for a GR
to remove systemd from Debian.

> Do stop bellyaching to no avail.  If you feel that Lennart should be
> stopped,
> find a way of stopping him.  But this is not it.

It might not be the -only- way, but I do think it's
a potentially productive way.