Re: Irony

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 06:39:04 -0400
AW <debian.list.tracker@1024bits.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 13:37:38 +0900
> Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > What columns? Who defined those columns?
>
> There are way way too many wrong items to respond to here...
> However, if you've customized your logs then you have decided the
> table column headers.  There is precisely no difference in the logic
> nor, in fact, the actual programmatic action of defining the 'column'
> headers in your apache httpd.conf file or the column headers in a
> database table called 'apache2' ...
>
> The rest of your arguments are similarly flawed...
>
> Pardon me... I should have seen the den of trolls I was stepping
> into... I'll tread more carefully when dealing with similarly minded
> attack dogs for the good 'ol times when they needn't worry about
> sense, logic, or reality...
>
> --Andrew

You know Andrew, a week or so ago I was called a troll, probably
rightly so, for repeatedly stating the same objections to systemd,
email after email. The problem wasn't what I was saying: I was stating
the case for modularity, which about half the list inhabitants agreed
with. The problem was I kept doing it, over and over, beating a dead
horse, long after I'd made my point.

You call your critics a den of trolls, but in reality, Andrew, you're
the king of trolls. You've taken it to a whole new level. Not only are
you doing what I did and beating a dead horse long after you'd made
your point, but you've taken the extra step by advocating something
that is completely, utterly whack: That one must have a DBMS to read
his logs. You've made it clear, you don't mean a program should exist
to copy text file logs into a Postgres database, you mean that they go
right into Postgres, and then the user must run programs to see them.
What could *possibly* go wrong?

You've stated your "sense, logic, or reality", we all know you want the
native format of logs to be Postgres or some other DBMS (hey, why not
Akonadi?). Your message hasn't been well received. Why don't you just
move on?

Unless, of course, you're a troll.

SteveT