Re: systemd fails to poweroff - "A stop job is running for Session 2 of user $USER"

On 8/15/14, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2014, Bonno Bloksma wrote:
>> I wonder if the people developing this are paying attention to a
>> development in de Windows environment where the latest thing is that de
>> service can report back that it is indeed still trying to stop and not
>> just hung and not reporting back. Windows will now kill a service after a
>
> Debian initscripts has been killing (after a timeout) any stuck services on
> reboot/shutdown for at least a decade.
>
> systemd does the same, only it has a longer default timeout than Debian
> initscripts's default timeout.

Time to go more verbose ... at this point in systemde, I need more
verbosity again (I already enabled std log/output as per earlier
threads).

And possibly speed up kill timeout, but I'd rather know what's balking.

Ideally, as is, and if 20s is reached, dump verbose/debug output, to
help me identify iff problem.