Re: System broken after full-upgrade: please help!

On Fri, 8 Aug 2014 07:51:04 +0000 Bonno Bloksma sent:

> Don't shutdown with the halt(8) command, it is not supposed to power
> off the machine, and the systemd maintainers consider it a bug[1]
> that the sysvinit implementation does it anyway.  Use the poweroff
> command instead.

I found that, the system is stopped using "halt" which I have used
since forever, but the machine continued to run. I have been using
"shutdown now" which works as halt did before.

I must try poweroff and see if that works.

Thanks for the tip.
Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	The mass never comes up to the standard of its best member, but
	on the contrary degrades itself to a level with the
	lowest. .........Henry David Thoreau