Re: System broken after full-upgrade: please help!

On 06/08/14 09:33 AM, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Hi all.

My Debian Sid box won't restart after today's full-upgrade.  At booting, I read

Could that message provide any suggestion for what has happened and how to fix
it?  I have no idea what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rodolfo

No it doesn't. ext2fs can refer to ext2, 3 or 4 file systems. The partition type 83 is simply a Linux partition that can contain a variety of file systems.

To get back into your system, you can try booting from a Linux CD (system rescue CD, for example) and trying to debug from there. For example, you could try (assuming your Linux drive is /dev/sda1):

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
mount -o loop /dev /mnt/dev
mount -o loop /sys /mnt/sys
mount -o loop /proc /mnt/proc