btrfs for photo backup

Hi all,

While I'm waiting for the components of my new machine (testing/jessie)
I'm thinking about the optimal way of archiving my photographs. Since btrfs
comes with integrated checksumming and RAID1 support, it seems as being the
top choice for this use case.

The only reason why I'm still hesitating a bit is its experimental state - the
combination of using an experimental file system for a long-term backup
doesn't seem to be crystal clear :-)

Do you have any good or bad experience you can share with me or any
interesting thoughts and inputs?

Thanks and all the best.